Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zoya Evvie Goes to Work

Hello there! I hope you're having a good Thursday, also known as almost-Friday. Today I have Zoya Evvie, one of the beauties from the Zoya Designer NYFW collection for this fall. While it's still entirely too hot and dry out to pretend that it's fall - if you've seen news about drought in the Midwest, well, that's where I am - I still wanted to take Evvie out for a spin. I probably won't post all of the polishes from this collection individually, but while at work yesterday I started worrying that Evvie would chip before I got home to take a picture with my proper camera. As I'm sure many of you know from experience, office work can be surprisingly hard on nail polish. So, I snapped a picture with my phone while sitting at my desk.

artificial light

As you can see, Evvie is a gorgeous deep grey, and I used two, easy coats here. It's definitely a fall color, but I can also see myself wearing any time of the year - say, in the middle of the summer. But of course, between work, more work, and going home, there's that hour of the day called lunch. Yesterday I went out to a local restaurant for lunch with my mom, and naturally Evvie came with.



Mm, bahn mi! I love Vietnamese food, so I was thrilled when the owners of this cafe decided to put bahn mi on their menu full-time instead of just as a special (now I just need a local source for some good bun!). But back to the polish, I think Evvie stands out even more in this photos, probably because the light was natural and not quite so harsh as in my cubicle. I just love this polish, and I can't wait to wear it when it's actually fall outside and not a very large oven. For now, at least, I can only enjoy fall color through nail polish.

This polish was provided to me by Zoya for honest review. For more information, see my disclosure policy.

2 comments:

  1. hehe, I love the title of this post! so cute.  And I have this collection on order, can't wait to get them!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! While Evvie is the only one I've worn so far, I am almost sure from gawking over them that you'll be glad you have them. :)

    ReplyDelete