Monday, July 25, 2011

I've Gone Bananas

It's really true . . . as I'm writing this, I'm trying to juggle scheduling blog posts, making sure I have all the pieces of a scholarship to send in this afternoon, and packing for the trip (which I'll be on when you read this - woohoo!). As you can probably imagine, I'm going a bit crazy. What manicure, then, would be more appropriate than one with bananas? This is the nail art I added on top of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green with Envy. I copied it from the "Bananarama" post on Emily's Nail Files. Though she hasn't done a tutorial, I sort of managed to pull off my own version.

outdoors, sunlight

My version isn't nearly as good as hers, of course, but I think I did pretty well. I do hate how I placed the bananas on my ring finger, though . . . I have absolutely no idea why I did that. I used Nubar nail art pens in yellow and black, and a toothpick with American Apparel Butter on it for the paler yellow. I did actually wear this out in public, as well, which a lot of people might not do. What can I say? I will wear all sorts of crazy nail art without blinking an eye - though perhaps not for a job interview. ;) Would you wear something this "bananas" out in public?

5 comments:

  1. I sure would wear it out! It's as cute as can be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! love your colour combination and take on it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable mani (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me there is a monkey on your thumb ready to gobble up all those banana's LOL  This is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete