Saturday, August 13, 2011

GT No. 9

Guess what? I'm typing this on my new MacBook Pro! I've had a PC laptop forever, so it's really nice to be able to go Mac. I'm loving it so far, though there are a few things to get used to. I'm taking advantage of a 30-day free trial of Aperture at the moment (next I'm trying Photoshop), and it's much quicker and has more features than PicasaWeb, which is what I was using. I haven't decided if it's worth the money, though - although since I got a free $100 Mac App Store gift card with my laptop since I bought it for college, I wouldn't really be paying for it. ;) Today I'd like to show you one of the nail polishes I got in Greece, GT Nail Lacquer No. 9. Although I wish it had a proper name instead of a number, I somehow feel like "No. 9" (which is what it says on the bottle) is a bit classier than just "9." Anyway, here it is with four coats. Sorry for the bits of glitter on my ring finger...I promise I could not see those until I'd changed my polish and uploaded the photos. :/

 outdoors, sunlight
outdoors, shade

GT No. 9 is quite the finicky color. Not only is it a diva like most purples and refuses to photograph completely accurately, it likes to change color. No, it's not a mood polish...it just looks completely different in different lights. In some lights, it looks like the perfect bright kelly green. In some lights, it looks like a medium neon green. In some lights, it looks like a dupe (or at least a close cousin) to OPI Jade is the New Black. In all lights, however, it looks fantastic, and I wish I could've captured that better with my camera. Also, it's an opaque (well, only my camera sees the VNL, anyway) jelly, which pretty much means I'm guaranteed to fall head over heels for it. 

However, I do have one small complaint. No. 9, why must you bubble? I love you. You are gorgeous. You are one of my new favorite greens. Why?! I solved the bumpiness problem by buffing the bubbles out before I applied the final coat and top coat, but since it's a jelly, you can still see the bubbles if you look closely enough. Sad, I know. Also, my index finger got sheet marks even though I waited for each coat to dry completely and entirely before adding the next (what can I say - I had a lot of time on my hands). Also sad. But, despite the formula problems, this is still an awesome opaque green jelly from Greece, and I love it pretty much unconditionally. It's not often that I completely overlook such problems, so if you're ever in Greece...this one's worth it.

P.S. I haven't tallied up the giveaway entries yet because I've been college shopping and drooling over my Mac (and recreating all my iTunes playlists, which will take a while), but hopefully I'll get them done this weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Bummer about the bubbles :( It looks like a fantastic green though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah…maybe it didn't like my base coat or something. I'll try using something else next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy imfeelingnail-venturousAugust 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM

    I love my mac! I will never go back to a windows PC for my home computer! Pretty polish....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you…and I won't either! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite the issues, that is still a great green! I love jellies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! Jellies are awesome, and an opaque one even more so in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete