Thursday, June 7, 2012

Layla Ocean Rush

I went to Ulta a little while back, and I tortured myself for at least a good half hour over whether or not to get any of the Layla holos - and then, which ones to get! I would have just gotten them all at once if they weren't so expensive, but I didn't want to spend that much and then be disappointed, so I ended up just getting Ocean Rush and Flash Black. The first one I tried was Ocean Rush, and I was thrilled! I used two coats over GOSH Fix Base Coat, and I barely had to do any cleanup. But honestly, I wouldn't really care if the application was bad on this one. I mean, just look at that:

 indoors, artificial light
indoors, artificial light

Isn't that just gorgeous? Of course the sun was gone by the time I took pictures (and, naturally, then came straight back out again when I took Ocean Rush off), so I had to take pictures inside, which always makes my hands look a little orange. However, the polish color is pretty accurate - it's a gorgeous medium blue with a brilliant holographic shine that comes in second only to my bottle of GOSH Holographic. I was afraid that these would be pale and wimpy like the newer China Glaze holos (while there's nothing wrong with those, I prefer bolder colors in holos, and I'd love to see a collection of deep, jewel-toned holos), but my fears were allayed as soon as I put on the second coat. The blue isn't a *dark* blue by any means, but it's deep enough that it's very, very blue, while still having the holographic rainbow effect. I haven't tried Flash Black yet, but if I'm as thrilled with it as with Ocean Rush, I'll consider my money very well spent...and perhaps even go back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment