Monday, January 7, 2013

Zoya Lovely Swatches & Review

Happy New Year! It sure seems like 2012 went by quickly...and here I am reviewing Zoya's spring collection for 2013, Lovely. I have to say, I wasn't too excited about most of the colors in Lovely, but I ended up liking a few of them.

sunlight
shade
Piaf is a medium yellow with silver shimmer. I used three thin coats, though two thick ones would probably do just as well. I wasn't really a fan of this one...I tend not to like warm colors with silver shimmer, so the first three polishes in this collection were at a disadvantage from the start.




sunlight
shade
Gie Gie is the next in the collection, and is basically a pink cousin to Piaf. It had about the same coverage as Piaf as well, as I used three thin coats. I liked Gie Gie a bit more than Piaf despite its name, but it's still not something I'd wear all the time. It might look better on someone with lighter skin than myself - my skin is a bit pink to begin with, so some light pinks don't really work on me.

sunlight
shade
Julie is the third and last shimmery polish in Lovely, and it's a lavender purple that only took two coats. I didn't think I'd like this one more than the first two, but as it turns out, it was actually quite nice on my skin tone. It's still probably not something I'd have bought for myself, but I'm glad to have Julie in my collection.

sunlight
shade
Blu is the first creme in Zoya Lovely - a lovely *cough* sky blue that I will definitely be using again, particularly as it barely needed two coats. I feel like Blu is Zoya Robyn's younger, shyer sister, and I can't wait to use it in at least one of my spring manicures this year.

sunlight
shade
Neely is a pale sage green that goes perfectly with Blu. It's another two-coater, and I'll definitely be using it again, possibly as part of an Easter manicure - but I'm getting ahead of myself. Between now and then, I'd definitely recommend getting Neely if you're a green fan.

sunlight 
shade
Jacqueline was another surprise for me - while I didn't think I'd like the yellowish, creamy neutral, I did! I prefer Neely and Blu, but I'll be keeping Jacqueline as well. I used two coats.

Well, that's all of them! What do you think of Zoya Lovely? Personally, I don't think it's really a hit or a miss, but somewhere in between. I think I'd like the shimmers better on paler hands than my own, but Blue and Neely are definitely keepers, and Jacqueline is one I'll keep as well.

4 comments:

  1. I love the cremes! And they look gorgeous on you. Can't wait to get them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Too bad the current "3 free" deal doesn't apply to the newest collections.

      Delete
  2. I like the cremes best also. Very spring-y!

    ReplyDelete