Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness: Slow Invasion

Hello again! I've finally resurfaced from the haze of finals and moving back home for the summer...I still haven't finished unpacking, but let's not talk about that. Instead, let's talk about the fabulous polish I have for you today! I ordered some of the polishes from Nail Pattern Boldness's Time Traveler collection, which is based on Doctor Who, my favorite currently running TV show. Between that and my Harry Potter polishes from Lac Attack, my Melmer is getting nerdier and nerdier, and I love it!

I decided to try Slow Invasion first. If you watch Doctor Who, you'll know that the Slow Invasion was a gradual invasion of Earth by the Shakri cubes, through which the Shakri intended to kill all humans on Earth. Fortunately, the Doctor saved the day, but I mention this because all the glitter in the nail polish Slow Invasion is - yep, you guessed it - square shaped like the cubes. Pretty clever, huh? Not only that, it's an awesome polish in its own right. I did a gradient over Revlon Royal, but you can get an idea of the dusty, teal color of Slow Invasion's base from the bottle shot above and to the left.






I absolutely love this polish! It has greenish yellow, blue, teal, orange, green, and purple square glitter, which all comes together to form a fantastic glitterfest. I realized after I took these pictures that some of the orange glitter looked more red than it actually was, which is because I was wearing a bright red shirt that day. Oops, sorry. Anyway, I love Slow Invasion and I can't wait to try it again!

P.S. If you watch Doctor Who and haven't seen the latest episode, go now! It's definitely in my top five favorite episodes, maybe top three. I kid you not. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment