Sunday, February 27, 2011

Franken Week Day 1: Eloise

*announcer voice*

Welcome tooooo.....franken week! Since I've made a ton of frankens that I haven't shown on here yet, I thought I'd have a week where I show one franken each day. The first one is Eloise, the first franken I made using pigment - in this case, an old Maybelline eyeshadow. I went through a phase where I bought eyeshadows because they were pretty colors, ignoring the fact that I would never actually wear them near my eyeballs because I am a very conservative (read: untalented and unsure) person when it comes to makeup. However, I realized recently that I would absolutely wear those colors on my nails! The only bad thing is that since it's just eyeshadow suspended in clear nail polish, I have to shake it like a mofo every single time I want to use it because it settles really badly. This is two coats without top coat.

indoors, artificial light

As you can see, Eloise is a cool-toned, mossy golden green that I am in love with (well, I don't suppose you can see from the picture that I'm in love with it, but now you know). It has kind of a satiny finish without top coat, but I kind of like the satin finish and I always use top coat anyway for actual manicures, so I'm not bothered about that. Plus, it dried fast. You can also see in the picture that it's a bit brushstrokey, but it's not enough to make me fall off my chair or anything. All in all, I'm very pleased with this...I'll have to go digging around in more of my old eyeshadow stash to see if there are any good colors for polish. 

Are you looking forward to the rest of franken week? I sure hope so!

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I love to see what people franken. I don't have the talent for it but love to see what you can do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would encourage you to try and mess around with frankening...I
    know I've gotten a LOT better since my first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great to me! Can't wait to see the rest of what you come up with !

    ReplyDelete