Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sinful Colors Secret Admirer

I seriously considered wearing this for Valentine's Day - it's black, sure, but the name is perfectly Valentine -appropriate, and it's a gorgeous color. I was really surprised with the formula of this one, too. I didn't expect much, but Secret Admirer went on very easily and barely needed two coats. I probably could've gotten away with one if I had better application skills. This is without top coat. Sorry for the blurriness - for some reason, I couldn't get my camera to focus on the shimmer.

indoors, artificial light

I can't wait to wear this as a base for layering, or with a matte top coat - I bet it'd be gorgeous! It's the only black shimmer I have, so I can't compare it to any polishes in my stash, but I can't think of any dupes that I've seen on other blogs, either. My opinion of Sinful Colors is growing with every polish of theirs I get!

9 comments:

  1. it looks incredible as a matte. I got this as a mini for christmas, and liked it so much, I went and bought a full size. It's odd to have a black shimmer. Mr. Wrong by hard candy is close, but the base is more greenish and needs 2 thick coats or 3 med coats to look opaque. BTW, I became a follower after ou posted up Give me Gallifrey...as I, too, am a Doctor Who freak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dark shimmery colours and this one is quite beautiful. thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like the shimmery effect - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! It's one of go to colors when I need to get out the door fast since you can get away with one coat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! It also dries fairly quickly, which is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I like it a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm glad to hear I got a follower from Doctor Who. :)

    ReplyDelete