Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BB Couture Hangover Blues

Hangover Blues is a really lovely teal that, despite being part of a summer collection, really works for any season (though I don't generally pay attention to what's "right" for the season anyway). It does have a tiny bit of shimmer, but let's put it this way: if Chanel Paradoxal has hidden shimmer, then Hangover Blues has triple-hidden shimmer. I can barely see it even under bright light, but that doesn't really bother me - it's the color I've fallen in love with. The application was also quite nice; this is two coats.

indoors, artificial light

After I put this on, I thought that maybe it was sort of a middle shade between Essie Mint Candy Apple and Sephora by OPI Ocean Love Potion. So, I did some swatches on a card of Mint Candy Apple, Ocean Love Potion, Hangover Blues, and a mix of half-Mint Candy Apple and half-Ocean Love Potion. As it turns out, the franken and Hangover Blues are pretty similar! They look more alike than the photo shows, though they're not exact dupes.


I think I'm going to do some nail art on this, but I'm not sure what to add yet...we'll see! I may just end up adding glitter. :)

7 comments:

  1. very nice colour :) reminds me of China Glaze Refresh mint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think that glitter would look fabulous! Take pictures when you are done with the nail art!

    :)

    Best wishes,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this! I'm going crazy with getting polishes that I have a similiar shade of but they aren't exact. I mean I have quite a few silver holos..do I need them all? probably not but I just want them because they are a different brand and slight different..and now this. I want it even thought I own 3 different mint greens already. ekk!

    how do u like bb couture polishes? i dont own any but i've heard only good things about them. do they last long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the franken the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle- I think it's probably similar to that one as well (maybe a bit darker?), but I don't have it so I can't compare.

    Zabrinah- Thanks! I did end up doing just a glitter top coat, and I will definitely be posting about it.

    shortwidenails- I do that, too! I don't like having perfect dupes, but I have lots of colors that are similar enough that "normal" (ha) people wouldn't need/want them all.

    my leetle nails- I'm not sure which I like best...I don't think I can pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice colour!

    martina
    glamour marmalade

    ReplyDelete