Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Political Thumbnail





For the past few months, I've been working as a volunteer intern for my district's Congressional candidate, Tommy Sowers. Today's Election Day, and I decided to change my thumbnail to reflect that. I used Orly Enchanted Forest for the base, a Sally Hansen nail art pen for the white, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening for the yellow. Here's the design I was copying, and the end result:


Not perfect by any means (my corners aren't sharp...that is the biggest thing that annoys me), but I think I captured the general idea...I wasn't about to try and write "Congress" on the length of my thumbnail, though. Maybe if I had the talons of some nail bloggers. Anyway, I just wanted to show this to you all - I'm not trying to "be political" on here, since it is a nail blog, but I thought I'd share my nail art for the day. Also, if you live in the U.S., I urge you to vote today - exercise the right to vote, and remember that not everyone has that right. I'm not 18 yet, so I can't vote this year, but I dearly wish I could. Happy Election Day!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting :) My boyfriend volunteered during the 2008 election and he had such a good experience with it! I'm glad to see more people getting involved with the politics like this!

    I wish I could vote but I cannot too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mai- I volunteered some in 2008, too...I absolutely love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!!! I really like this - and I'm happy to see anyone get political!! I offered all of my students extra credit if they went and voted (and brought back their "I Voted" sticker to prove it). There was a great turn out!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke- Thank you! I'm glad you encouraged your students to get involved.

    ReplyDelete