Saturday, October 16, 2010

Angelic Camouflage

Depression can somatize, or become expressed in the body. 

I feel like this is one fact about depression that people find hard to believe - because it's classified as a "mental" disorder/illness/whatever, people don't think it can have physical effects. In my personal experience, though, the physical effects of depression can be as difficult to deal with as the mental effects. I have not suffered from severe depression, but I have suffered from mild depression, and it completely robs me of strength and has made me physically ill. So I guess my "message" for today is, don't underestimate what depression can do!

My depression awareness green today was Rimmel Camouflage, a green with gold shimmer. I don't have many Rimmel polishes, but I love the ones I do own, and Camouflage is no exception. It's absolutely perfect in two coats, and could probably be a one-coater for someone with better application skills than I. After two coats, I added two coats of Love My Nails Angel Baby. Unfortunately, I was away from the house this morning and napped the afternoon away, so by the time I got outside to take pictures, the sun wasn't shining directly on my yard anymore.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, shade

The glitter looks kind of gross in the first picture...it does not look like that in real life, and I couldn't get a decent picture of it inside. Anyway, I really like this manicure - Angel Baby is a great addition to pretty much anything, in my opinion. I may not be posting as often in the coming week or so. Hopefully, I will be going back to school Monday, and I'll be really busy trying to catch up. My posting frequency on here will probably depend on how much I procrastinate. :) I hope you're all having a great weekend!

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot! I'm integrating my "new polish blogs" post into my regular posts from now on. Here are some new and new-to-me polish blogs I've discovered recently and recommend:

Toes That Twinkle
Beautyburg
Polish and Powder
Similar Addiction
Tier's Thoughts
GildedNails
Persistently Polished
Chanson De Vernis

7 comments:

  1. Awesome depression facts and lacquer color. The second photo reminds me or makes me think the lacquer is 'crying' as the glitter looks like teardrops to me. Very metaphoric for representing depression (metephoric prob isn't the best word :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can already tell fall is going to make taking nail pictures difficult...

    Your depression fact for today is really good. When I'm depressed I loose all interest in the things I used to love to do and I feel physically exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a gorgeous color. I think it also looks good for an xmas mani =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes- I hadn't thought of that, but I did think the glitter looked like liquid - the image I had was of raindrops. And I can't think of a better word than metaphoric...I know what you mean, anyway. :)

    Serena- Yes...I love fall, but it's already making nail blogging difficult! :) That's exactly how I feel when I'm depressed. I don't want to read, I don't want to do anything.

    shortwidenails- Yes, it would! I hadn't thought of that.

    anamika- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree it looks like crying. really cool mani. :)

    ReplyDelete