Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Franken: Night on the Town

I made this franken in a slight fit of peak after not being able to find 212-Sephora in stores. I thought about ordering online, and then decided that I didn't want to pay nine freaking dollars for it anyway - heck, I'd just franken the thing myself! I used a random clear polish, Rimmel Black Satin, A Perfect 10 Talk Dirty (brown shimmer), an unnamed Charlotte Russe gold, NYC White Lights Glitter, and Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. I think HT has been in my last two or three frankens, and I have so many more ideas. I need to stop using it until I get myself a bottle of Nubar 2010! Here are two coats of the franken (and one coat of Seche Vite), which I named Night on the Town:

 outdoors, sunlight
indoors, artificial light

I'm really happy with this - I'm having a tough time deciding whether this or Give Me Gallifrey is my favorite franken so far. I do think Night on the Town is a bit lighter, but seeing as the only time I've seen 212-Sephora in person was in a tester bottle and not on the nail, it's hard to tell. Excuse my gross, dingy-looking fingers - I thought my cleanup was good enough until I looked at these pictures on my computer, and now it's too late to go outside and take more. Ah well. I ended up having a snow day today, and I'm aiming for another tomorrow. I bet I'll have to go to school, though...c'est la vie.

12 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO COOL! I would totally buy this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is SO close! I actually think I like it better! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Awesome job! before I read the post and just saw the picture I thought it was 212! This is super close to the original. I have 212 but haven't worn it yet, I am thinking of wearing is soon though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy freaking shit yo, this is like...the same thing. I've actually always thought that 212 was one of those colors that would be uber hard to dupe, but you really did an amazing job. It looks great on you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! To be quite honest, I think I like it better than 212, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I think this is even better than the real thing since you used HT, which is a duochrome flakie and the flakies in 212 aren´t duochrome. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I did find my franken to be very smooth and apply well.
    I'm always surprised when frankens do that since they're generally a mix of
    a bunch of different formulas. Anyway, thanks again - your comment made my
    day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly! I think it's spot on, but it looks like your franken applies better than the real thing. I had a hard time getting my 212 Sephora to be flat and smooth. Yours looks a lot nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm glad I came so close to the original, and I can't wait to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! :) Honestly, I think I do too. It seems a bit richer, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tee hee, you all are making my day! *is a dork* I feel so glad I didn't
    shell out the nine bucks. Thanks so much! (And for the record, I thought
    it'd be super hard to dupe, and I didn't expect to get that close.)

    ReplyDelete