Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sinful Colors Pretty In Pink

Friday afternoon, I received three colors from the upcoming Valentine's Day collection from Sinful Colors, Pretty-in-Pink, but because I left town shortly thereafter, I didn't get to swatch them until yesterday, and then my USB drives decided to quit on me. I uploaded the pictures while at my grandparent's house today, and I'm writing the text now while watching the State of the Union address, so apologies if I don't make much sense. Anyway, I received Pink Forever, Glass Pink, and Beautiful Girl. I believe Pink Forever, Scandal, and Beautiful Girl are repromotes (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm not sure about Glass Pink. Also, since I didn't upload the images on my computer, I was unable to crop the images like I normally do, so I'm sorry about that. I would just download the same editing software I use on my laptop, but it's not my computer.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, sunlight
outdoors, shade

According to the Sinful Colors press release, Glass Pink is "sheer, shiny, shimmer-happy bliss." YES. While Glass Pink is sheer enough that I wouldn't wear it on its own, it's a gorgeous glass-flecked golden pink polish that I'm absolutely in love with. It reminds me somewhat of China Glaze White Cap from the Anchors Away collection. I can't wait to try what I'm sure will be some fantastic layering combos with this one. This was three coats.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, sunlight
outdoors, shade

Pink Forever is described by Sinful Colors as "Bazooka meets Bam-Bam to equal beautiful." I'm not sure who or what Bazooka and Bam-Bam are, but Pink Forever is definitely a fun pink creme. It's not particularly unique, but it's pretty easy to apply and is opaque in two coats - it's almost opaque in one, but I had a couple bald spots.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, sunlight
outdoors, shade

Finally, Beautiful Girl is described by Sinful Colors as "classic ballerina with a flirty finish." When I think ballerina, I think of a paler pink, like Zoya Bela - however, this is a great pink with a salmony tint. While I have a couple of shimmers with similar base colors, I don't think I have anything quite like this, and it's a good addition to my collection. This one was also two coats.

And that's it for the Pretty In Pink Collection! There are three more colors, Boom Boom, Scandal, and Soul Mate, but I didn't receive those three. I did go to Walgreens the other night to see if I could find them, but unfortunately not. For a collection of pinks, I really, really liked the three I got to try, and I'll definitely continue to look for the others. You can find Sinful Colors polishes at Walgreens and other mass retail stores for $1.99, by calling 1-800-448-0763, or online at www.sinfulcolors.com. Happy polishing!

These products were provided to me by the company for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment