Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gold-Tipped

I didn't particularly want to touch Night on the Town, but after I stubbed my finger and chipped a little off the tip of one finger, I decided to add some gold. I did something similar to a French manicure, but I painted the tips in straight lines (using Nailene Perfect Tips & Toes toenail guides, which I received for review) rather than following the curve of the nail. I used an unnamed Charlotte Russe for the gold, which funnily enough is also part of Night on the Town. For some reason, the gold doesn't appear opaque in the second picture, but it is in real life.

indoors, artificial light
indoors, artificial light

I've decided to swatch a bunch of colors this afternoon so I don't have to worry about painting my nails for a week or so - I'll still be painting my nails, but I'll just be posting my swatch pictures for a bit. I've just gotten sick again (that stomach flu crap, whoopee) and I'm still catching up with schoolwork from last semester that I missed because of my kidney stones. Anyway, I figured it'd be better to have some pictures stocked up so I can concentrate more on schoolwork and still post often (hopefully daily). I hope you're all having a great week!

EDIT: Why do I always forget to do this?! Here are a couple new nail blogs I discovered recently and am enjoying:

Jessica v. Polish
The College Student's Nail Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment