Wednesday, March 9, 2011

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle

I'd seen swatches of Emerald Sparkle on various blogs and wasn't sure whether I would actually like it in person or not. However, when I had the chance to get it in a swap, I jumped on it, and I'm glad I did. There are lots of colors named after jewels - rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds - you get the picture. Few of them, unfortunately, live up to their names. Emerald Sparkle is not one of those. It's a gorgeous deep emerald green that never looks black. It sparkles and shines much more than the pictures show. This is three coats with Seche Vite.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, shade
outdoors, sunlight

I really could not manage to convey how amazing this polish is through pictures. Oddly, the one that shows the sparkle in Emerald Sparkle best is the second picture, the one taken in the shade. In that picture, you can see all the pieces of glitter, and while they're obviously not sparkling without light hitting them directly, you can imagine how much they glitter and shine in real life in the sun. I would definitely recommend getting this one for the gorgeous color and China Glaze's stellar formula.

P.S. I find out tonight if I got the full-tuition scholarship that I interviewed for at Saint Louis University, so there may be a maniacally happy or devastated post this evening around five or six o'clock...we shall see. At any rate, I'll let you all know what happens in tomorrow's post for sure.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on the scholarship! Those are hugely important. Nice color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this polish is incredibly beautiful!

    oh and good luck with the scholarship, it sounds very exciting. and to SLU you must be very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the scholarship!

    Love Emerald Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I just got an email that said my admission counselor still hadn't heard anything... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok - I love this colour. where did you manage to find it? isn't it discontinued?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found it at Sally's, and to the best of my knowledge it's not discontinued. :)

    ReplyDelete