Tuesday, March 15, 2011

China Glaze Lighthouse

I wasn't sure how I'd like Lighthouse, as I'd never encountered anything similar before. I was also nervous that it would be waaaay too sheer on me. However, I do like it on its own - even though it took me four coats to get to this level of opacity, and there's still VNL. In the future, I'll probably wear it over Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta when I want it to look like it does in the bottle.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, shade
outdoors, sunlight

I'm sure some would disagree, but I find this very pretty, especially in the shade. The name is absolutely appropriate - this polish does really shine like a beacon. In fact, it almost has a foily finish, though it is yellow and not gold. I'm anxious to play with Lighthouse some more...I really want to try it matte and over a variety of different colors. I'm betting I can get some great combinations out of this one!

12 comments:

  1. Very interesting color. 4 coats - yes, this might be better to use as a layering polish - which you do so well. I love your layering creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really surprised by how much I liked this one when I wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do love me some layering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was too! I'm glad we were surprised pleasantly and not unpleasantly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one...I still haven't tried it, but almost every time I see it on someone else (like you), my heart like pitter patters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very bright yellow; totally unique amongst other yellow polishes. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed! I've certainly never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks perfect on the pictures but I´m still not sure if I would like it on me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this polish, I just added it to my wishlist! I would love to see it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right - it would look great matte!

    ReplyDelete