Sunday, March 13, 2011

China Glaze Knotty

Can you believe I took my leopard print mani off yesterday, did some swatching (most of the Anchors Away stuff I have), and put another leopard print mani on? I am crazy, I know...but I love it! The weird thing is that I don't think I've ever owned anything with leopard print on it since a Lisa Frank messenger bag I had in elementary school, and I still wouldn't consider wearing leopard print clothing...I guess there are many things I'd wear on my nails and not elsewhere!

Anyway, that's not what I have for you today. China Glaze Knotty is a glass-flecked beige with a sort of yellowy tint from the Anchors Away collection...it's hard for me to describe. I guess that's what pictures are for! I used three coats with no top coat.

indoors, artificial light
outdoors, shade
outdoors, sunlight

As you can see, there is still VNL with three coats. I'm not sure if it would be opaque in four or not, because I just didn't want to put on a fourth coat, haha. I haven't quite decided if I like this color on me or not, though - sometimes I think it looks pretty on me and sometimes...not so much. I do like Knotty in the bottle, I'm just not sure whether it really goes with my skin tone. I really like the way it looks in sunlight, though. What do you think of Knotty?

4 comments:

  1. It probably is an acquired taste. I don't know if I like it, myself, or not. You did a nice job with your swatching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color cute but not original
    Listen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What similar colors have you seen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My swatches aren't as good as I'd like, but they're MUCH better than when I started.

    ReplyDelete