Friday, June 3, 2011

Cult Nails Let Me Fly

Cult Nails Let Me Fly is the second polish I tried from Cult Nails. It's a medium teal blue with silvery shimmer. It has a good consistency, applies like a dream, and barely needs two coats for opacity. Its soft finish and opacity remind me of Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H, but there are no further similarities between the two. In these pictures, I used two coats of Let Me Fly with Insta-Dri top coat.

 outdoors, sunlight
 outdoors, shade
indoors, artificial light

*sigh* Isn't it pretty? I love this kind of soft, silky finish, and I really wish there were more polishes that had it. It's not microglitter, it's not glass-flecks, it's not a typical shimmer...what is it? Is there a name for this finish, or is it just "the really cool shimmer that hardly anyone ever makes"?

While I love this on its own, I think it'd be a really good base for layering - since it dries fast and is almost opaque in one coat, you'd be able to pile the layers on in less time than with a polish that dries more slowly and takes three coats. Plus, the shimmer would be really nice underneath the layers. Maybe I'll use it with my IceSlicks...

No comments:

Post a Comment