Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Franken: Kiwi

Sorry for not posting for a couple of days...this is another really hectic week, and since I'll be gone all weekend, I'm not sure how many posts I'll be able to schedule. This manicure is from a while back, when my nails were even nubbier than they are now. This was the first time I used loose glitter in a franken, and I really like the way it came out. I used Nina Ultra Pro Salsa, Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta, Sally Hansen Lightening, BB Couture Grasshopper, China Glaze Starboard, BB Couture Pina Colada, BB Couture Uranus, Seche Vite, and SuperNail glitter in New Moon. This is three coats.

indoors, artificial light

I'm really happy with the way this turned out, and it's definitely one of my favorite frankens. It's a bit gritty without top coat, but I kind of expected that, so it didn't bother me. The funny thing is, I set out intending to make a green the color of guacamole, but after I had the base done, I thought, "If you added black glitter, it would look like kiwi..." So, of course, I did, hence the name.

I also had to add crackle. In hindsight, I'd also like to see this under black crackle, but I added Fault Line in the pictures. This is actually the only time I've used Fault Line...clearly, I need to get on that. Anyway, here's a coat of Fault Line and a coat of Seche Vite over Kiwi:

indoors, artificial light

Ta-da! I've always liked green and purple together, and this is no exception. I'm thinking I'll have to try Fault Line over black next. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen that combination, and I think it'd look cool.

In other news, what do you think about my new background? I really like my old one, but I decided that it was time for a change, and I really liked the textured look of this one. I hope you like it too!

16 comments:

  1. ooh i like this franken. the background is luscious.  :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this one! I need to try a green and a purple crackle together. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG totaly kiwi! :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the franken. I am in love with bright/neon greens right now. Love the green/purple combo very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm surprised I haven't seen more green and purple manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I don't wear enough green nail polish, especially considering the fact that it's one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! It totally looks like a kiwi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it really really really looks like a kiwi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow!! i love this colorr!! great fraken! :) 

    ReplyDelete