Saturday, June 4, 2011

GOSH Yellow Doll

Before I say anything else, here's some self-promotion. More Nail Polish is having a franken contest, which is now open for voting, and I'd love it if you went and voted for me (or someone else if you like them better)! I'm #4, Dinosaur Egg, and you can vote here: http://morenailpolish.blogspot.com/2011/06/frankenpolish-contest-voting-open.html

I got Yellow Doll in a giveaway by Annie of Polish This!, but it was quite a while before it got to me. Annie tried to send it twice through the Finnish post, and they refused to send it. She let me know that she wasn't able to send the package, apologized profusely, and I thought that was that. Then, last week, I got an email saying she'd been to Estonia (which is just south of Finland) and had sent the package from there. A couple days later, there it was on my doorstep! I appreciate her effort more than I can really express. The first polish I tried from the package was GOSH Yellow Doll. Voilà:


outdoors, shade
 outdoors, sunlight
 indoors, artificial light

This polish looks very different in different lights, and the three pictures I took are indicative of that. Most of the time it looks like a brighter version of the color in the first photo. I used four coats here, though the last coat probably wasn't really necessary - I just added it for safety. :) It applies nicely and has a green tinge that varies greatly depending on the lighting. Sometimes, in fact, it looks more like a yellow-tinged green than a green-tinged yellow. However, I absolutely adore it in all lighting, and it's definitely my favorite yellow. I know most of you probably can't get your hands on GOSH, but for those of you who can, definitely get this color!

P.S. If you're reading this on the individual post page, lucky you! I'm having an issue where I can't see the individual posts when I click on the titles from the home page of my blog, and I know quite a few people are having the same problem. I'm hoping Blogger will resolve the issue soon... :(

2 comments:

  1. Finally I can comment.. :)

    This looks really pretty and it's quite interesting color. I was hoping you would wear this soon, because it looked so nice in the bottle too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you! I'm so glad my blig is back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete