Friday, June 10, 2011

Mint Candy Lightning

This is a manicure I did quite a while back, so I don't have a whole lot to say about it. I wanted to try a crackle combination that was softer than some others I've tried, so I used a coat of China Glaze Lightning Bolt over two coats of Essie Mint Candy Apple. It's a little more contrasting in real life, though still subtle. In the second picture, I've added Essie Matte About You.

 indoors, artificial light
indoors, artificial light

I really like this combination, and I'll have to try some more in the future...What do you think? Do you like it, is it too subtle, or are you over crackles altogether? I know I'm not! :)

9 comments:

  1. I love the crack idea on Essie Mint Candy Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, pretty! I'm definitely not over them. I like the subtle effect of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty combo. Subtle yet edgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who still likes crackles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The matte finish is funny here! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this look , very pretty!

    ReplyDelete