Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pizzaaaa!

Quite a while back, I did a nail art design for Nail Polish Art Addiction's Good Enough to Eat contest, and now voting is open! I'm the third entry, and if you haven't voted already, I'd really appreciate it if you could go vote for me. Voting ends next Tuesday, June 28. Hence, today's entry is the nail art I submitted - and a tutorial! As you can probably guess from the title, I did a pizza manicure. First, here's the finished nail art:



Now, here's the tutorial. I decided to post one image with all the steps depicted, then post the instructions, and then post the final result again. So here is what the steps look like:


1. Slap on some base coat, then paint triangles on your nails (with the wide end at the tips of your nails) in a nude color. I used Mecca Holiday.
2. Paint the tips of your nails in a brown color, which will be the crust. I didn't have anything that I thought was the right color, so I used a mix of OPI Chop-sticking to My Story, Mecca Holiday, and Dr.'s Remedy Desire Dark Brown.
3. Sponge the triangles in a pale yellow color. I used American Apparel Butter (and a packing peanut, my cheapie sponging tool of choice).
4. Sponge the triangles in a golden yellow (Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta) and a brownish golden yellow (OPI Chop-sticking to My Story, Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta, and Dr.’s Remedy Desire Dark Brown).
5. Dot some pepperoni on in a medium red creme (Mecca Roman), add some green peppers in a medium green creme (Nina Ultra Pro Salsa), and add some mushrooms in a grey creme (Sally Hansen Wet Cement).
6. Finally, clean up the triangle edges with some remover and a brush, add top coat, and you're done!

And again, the final result:


So, there you are - please let me know if you use this tutorial, and if you blog about it, feel free to email me the link (please don't leave it in the comments, though, because I will delete the comment). Honestly, though, I don't expect you all to go out with pizza on your nails. :) And, for one last plug...go vote! http://polishartaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/06/vote-in-good-enough-to-eat-contest.html

10 comments: