Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flower Nail Art

Helloooo, everyone! I hope you're enjoying the last day of June - it seems like it's gone by so fast! Today I have some nail art that I did with my new Nubar nail art pens. I got the creme set, and so far I'm loving them. I really want to buy all the other sets too, but as I'm saving up both for a MacBook Pro (my mom's buying most of it, but I want to contribute) for college and a new iPhone, that probably won't happen anytime soon. Oh well, hopefully I'll get one of the on-campus jobs I applied for and have a little spending money come fall.

*steers back on topic* Ahem. So. This was actually quite easy to do, and looks quite nice if you just have, you know, normal eyes. If you have 0.3-mm macro focusing eyes like my camera does, though, it looks a bit smeary. Ew. I assure you this wasn't - and isn't - visible in real life.

indoors, artificial light

Ta-da! It's not the neatest job ever, but it'll do. I used Zoya Robyn for the base and Nubar pens in Plum, Mint, and Navy Blue for the flowers. I find it kind of funny that the green nail art pen is called "mint," because while we normally think of mint green as a pale, cool green, this green is closer to the actual color of mint leaves. I'm not sure why I'm amused by that - maybe because I'm typing this at 4:30 in the morning because I can't go to sleep - but I am. I'll have some more nature-y nail art for you tomorrow, so stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. that turned our really cute! ha ha, you're green is more grassy than mint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! "Grass" does seem like a more obvious name...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so cute! (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You have a really cool name, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh zara this is so pretty! Even with the macro it's so cute. I bet you'll get a lot of compliments from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the last day of June? When did that happen? This is super cute and looks easy enough that even I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thank you! I did get one astonished person, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly...and you should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete