Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Color Accent Mani

Polish Hoarder Disorder has a nail design contest (EDIT: challenge, not contest - silly me) every week, and I finally decided to participate this week. As it says in the challenge post, "This week's challenge is to create a grayscale nail design and include a pop of color!" After experimenting with several different designs, I came up with this:


I used Pure Ice Kiss Me Here for grey, Sally Girl white for white, Rimmel Black Satin for black, and China Glaze For Audrey for blue. I painted the black tips freehand, and used a toothpick to do the zig-zags.. I'm very happy with this - my right hand does not look as good, but it's okay. I definitely need to practice making designs with my left hand, though.

Thanks for reading, and let me know if you've submitted anything to PHD's challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Cute and very creative! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I like it!

    One thing that might help you- when I'm painting my right hand, sometimes I'll use my left hand to hold the brush/dotting tool/whatever, and I'll actually move my right finger under it, instead of trying to move the brush. It sounds weird, but try it. It might help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to participate but I never have the time. argh!

    I think that the grey and teal(for audrey) looks very pretty. it is a great combination. I didn't even think of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This design is cute. I'll have to check out that nail design contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a lot of patience Zara. Your nails look fabulous. I bet you'll win. We will keep our fingers (hmmm nails crossed). "lol"

    Hope your evening is great. :)

    Love,

    Inga and sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's so intricate!!! I love it!

    :)

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aurora's Nails, Serena, TOSB- I feel stupid...it's not a contest, it's a challenge. *facepalm* But thanks for your good wishes!

    Laynie- Thanks for the tip; I will try that!

    shortnails- That had been my problem up to this point...I hope you find the time soon!

    Zabrinah- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very pretty and striking design! I'm really impressed with how neatly and precisely you did the zigzag pattern.

    ReplyDelete